I love flowers! (I know you would have never guessed that 🙂 I came up with this idea using my favorite heart Squeeze Punch (by Fiskars) and have so much fun with these paper posies! Use them on scrapbook pages, for decor crafts and even to embellish wrapped or bagged gifts!
(shown on a scrapbook layout)
(the above project as seen in Better Homes & Gardens Scrapbooks etc. magazine April 2010 issue- read all about how to make it in the magazine!)
Here’s the steps to create these simple flowers!
- Punch 6 hearts from patterned paper or cardstock of your choice.
- Cut or punch a 2” circle from scrap paper to use as a
base for the flowers.
- Fold each heart punch in half RIGHT SIDES
TOGETHER; then fold each half in half again back towards the original
- Adhere the tip of two of the hearts center
of the base circle on opposite sides.
Fill in the space on each of the sides with two more folded hearts.
all of the hearts are in place staple the center a couple of times for a secure
may take a bit of shaping and coaxing to get your flower just right; add adhesive
where needed if the shapes aren’t cooperating.
Don’t have a heart paper punch…here’s a printable sheet of patterns I’ve designed just for you!
- Just click on the image to download and save the pdf file to your computer!
- Print the file on the BACKSIDE of the patterned paper or cardstock you wish to use.
- Trim out the hearts and use the sample fold lines as a guide; follow the steps listed above and flowers will be bloomin’ in no time!