I’m looking so forward to the holidays!!! And my theCreate 365™ The Happy Planner™ is feeling the love with so much to do to prepare! I decided the first recipes I had to add are my holiday go-to’s. Little boy was sick today so I finally had the opportunity to play and plan and cook while he was resting! His request for his sick day breakfast…mama’s homemade buttermilk biscuits and gravy! This inspired me to add these little buttery bundles to their new home in the Recipe Planner.
When I make these up I usually go ahead and mix up some extra batches for storing for later. Also, I remembered that these make a sweet hostess gift and considering that the holidays are coming, this would be a great time to plan ahead.
With my extra batches of biscuits prepared, I pulled out some of my favorite mambi supplies to put together a hostess gift ready to go out the door!
Since Thanksgiving is upcoming, I pulled out a few mambi products to inspire me, knowing I would use the Soft Spoken™ Give Thanks stickers with a variety of other products to create the project:
mambi Sheets Fave
Ribbon (May Arts), kraft notecard, sewing machine, string, treat bag.
Here’s what I did:
- My card was 4 x 5 1/2 and I trimmed it into a pennant shape with my scissors
- Layer on a piece of the Big City Brights black and white stripe paper and stitch with a contrasting color for a little accent
- Mount the Soft Spoken™ “Give Thanks” sticker onto gold paper from the Fave Sheets and trim around it with scalloped scissors
- Add three of the sparkly leaves from the Soft Spoken™ Give Thanks pack
- Don’t forget to write inside your card the recipe prep for your recipient(or maybe print a little card) so they will know how to prepare their mix
- Package biscuit mix into the treat sack and seal tightly (if you’re not ready to give this, just store in the fridge)
- Punch a 2″ circle from Big City Brights gold foil dots paper and mount Happy Thanksgiving sticker to the front.
- Punch with a 1/4″ hole punch at top and tie on to bag with string
You could add to this some great homemade or gourmet jam or honey or a sampling of the biscuits as I did. All you have to do is add buttermilk to complete the recipe and I promise you will be in biscuit heaven!
You can read my recipe here: