You know, life is busy. Time is something far too many of us have so little of…but the Lord pushes me in directions for reasons sometimes I don't understand and sometimes I finally DO understand. I got involved with the local MOPS group sometime back and have really enjoyed it and met some wonderful ladies. I think God needed to enrich my life beyond home, church and work. It has been a blessing for sure. A few weeks ago, the MOPS gals decided to join in the RELAY FOR LIFE as team MOPS…our slogan is "MAMA SAID KNOCK YOU OUT" –as in cancer, of course. This experience has brought 12 of us together delegating tasks and doing what us Mamas thrive on…it makes us feel that wonderful feeling of affirmation, it makes us feel we're doing a greater good. So, starting Friday, April 24th at 6 p.m. we will be walking…a relay for life. I'm walking for so many people…friends, family, all people who have battled this disease and showed such faith, strength and will…it is a battle none of us want to face, but ALL of us know that the chances are far too good…that we too, will face this fight…so yes, I'm walking…
for Ginger Nelson, my dear friend
for Caroly Tutor, a friend from church–beating breast cancer a SECOND time
for my Grandpa, who lost his battle to prostate and then bone cancer many years ago
for my friends the Wrights, a family still recovering from their journey and knocked out cancer!
for April Mc…a friend who beat breast cancer
for so many others I know…these are just a few and most recent diagnosis
You can help too. If you are local…you can come out and support a fun, family oriented event at University of Arkansas at Fort Smith (on the green in front of the bell tower). Starts at 6 p.m. and goes for 12 hours through the night until 6 a.m. on Saturday. Here's how you can help:
- Donate to my teams fundraising efforts. CLICK HERE.
- Enter your CUTIE in our cutest kids contest for a $10 donation. (email me the pic and PayPal/send a check for the $$) and I'll print the photo and enter you. You'll win your $$10 back (gift card) if your cutie is chosen!
- Purchase a luminary to light up someone you know who has fought cancer. $5 go (email me at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Donate old computers, laptops, cell phones or other electronics to be refurbished/recycled at the event.
- Just come out and play some games, buy some food and listen to live music at the event.
Stop by and say hi to MOPS…we'll be the ones with all the kids and the boxing ring–is that a dangerous combination? LOL!