Yep…it’s every niblet as good as it looks! We’ve got a guy that peddles fresh produce at our office and I couldn’t resist a bushel of fresh corn! I had a few ears leftover that I had grilled for dinner and I needed something simple and scrumptious to contribute to a summer potluck! I combined a few fresh ingredients with some pantry staples to make this yummy, nutritious side dish.
Here’s what you need:
- 4 ears of grilled or roasted corn on the cob (this Peaches and Cream variety is delish)
- 1 can of black beans; drained and rinsed
- 1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes with green chiles (I use Muir Glen); drain excess liquid
- 1 half onion diced
- 1 mild jalapeño peppers; seeded and diced
- 1 package of polenta sliced: brush with oil and toast or grill (for a better texture), then chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- sprinkle of fresh cilantro, chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- 1-2 tbsp olive or grape seed oil
Simply combine the ingredients and toss with the juice, oil and seasonings. The great thing is that you can use what you have on hand…use fresh or grape tomatoes instead of canned– though I think it’s hard to beat Muir Glen canned tomatoes. We paired this dish along with some fried crappie the first night and the next night we had fish tacos with the leftovers. You could certainly go more Italian (fresh basil) with the seasonings to eat along with some chicken as well.